Julia Rhodes founded KleenSlate Concepts in 2001. She started with the humble beginnings of a teacher and went on to invent, patent, manufacture, and market the first KleenSlate product: an attachable eraser for dry erase markers. Since then, she has built a thriving international company with a growing line of award-winning products.
Highly professional as an entrepreneur, Julia has a lively approach to marketing. She generously encourages and supports women, small business entrepreneurs, and inventors as a member of the following professional organizations:
- ASTRA (ASTRA Women’s Business Alliance)
- NSSEA (National School Supply Equipment Association)
- WBENC (Women’s Business Enterprise National Council)
- PPAI (Promotional Products Association International)
- UIA (United Inventors Association)
Julia is a frequent speaker and workshop presenter across the United States on topics such as:
- Creative marketing
- Inventing and patenting
She especially enjoys assisting inventors with the daunting steps of production and marketing. In this capacity, has worked with the US Patent Office and the PBS Inventor show Everyday Edisons. Intending to inspire women inventors in particular, Julia wrote and published a book, The Right Sisters: Women Inventors Tell Their Stories.
To hear directly from Julia Rhodes, check out the following links.
- Listen to a podcast interview on Inventing Women.
- View a video interview on The Business Makers Radio Show.
- Read a PDF copy of an article in SEEN, Southeast Education Network.