KleenSlate Whiteboards can promote cooperative kids and happy parents in the family car. Here are some tips for using whiteboards in the car:
First, keep at least one whiteboards for every seat belt. Also keep extra KleenSlate markers and a micro-fiber cloth for erasing. Write your children’s names in permanent marker on the handle of each whiteboard and label a couple “Guest.” Most mini-vans and SUVs have pockets on the back of front seats where whiteboards can be stored.
Here are 6 ways to use whiteboards in the car.
- Play games, including hangman, tic-tac-toe, twenty questions, or pictionary
- Use Whiteboards to practice math facts or spelling words while Mom is running errands.
- Have kids draw a floor plan of their bedrooms or the family home. Draw a map from home to school or from home to the current destination.
- On longer trips, enforce a 15-minute quiet time to give the driver a break and tell the kids to communicate in writing using their KleenSlate Whiteboards
- When stopping at fast food restaurants, have everyone write his/her order on the whiteboard before the stop. You don’t have to remember each order and the children can be taken to a play area to release pent up energy.
- When bickering starts, tell the kids the argument can continue only IF they WRITE back and forth to one another. [HINT: make the ground rule that there will be no name calling]
Take a KleenSlate Response Whiteboard for a ride. They make car trips fun.